Skip to main content

Writing (an essay)

Image result for writing images

When you read a book of short stories, you get the raw energy of someone else's writing, inspiring you to do just the same, and some stick with you like a dream that you just can't shake.  Before I started writing plays, I read a lot of them sometimes in the car while waiting for my kids.  Then I went out and saw plays produced on stage.  I had no idea I'd try it myself, after years of doing poems, and then short stories.  Not all of them are comedies, but many are, and I sense a strong, good response to them.  I pride myself in originality.

Image result for writing images

When I've been in my most productive periods, writing was an every day thing in which I just told myself, sit down and do it, almost auto pilot like any other job.  No targeting or medication has stopped me from producing all the works I have.  It's like any other exercise program, you exercise the mind, and you trust that it will turn out, even if, while writing it, you don't know how it's going to turn out, that's the joy of discovery.

Image result for writing images

It's just about 10 years now that I've been blogging my works, and when I started out, not many people were doing it, in fact, many writers would never do it, shocking to myself that I started doing it, after being encouraged by a friend to put my works out there.  The blog address is now up on New Pages website, so I hope to get more traffic stopping by.  Writing is the only thing I'm good at, enjoy, and it increases my confidence.  I don't need to write memoirs because I've put it all into fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T.I. John Finch wanted me to send this out to you, he's an incredible activist, and this reading is real good for insomnia, please save it to your files, if you can

john Finch   < noorwelliannaziism@gmail.com > 7:58 PM (55 minutes ago) to bcc:  me EMERGENCY – SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY BEING USED TO TRACK, MONITOR, TORTURE & KILL satellitetorture@gmail.com Satellite technology, presumably developed and controlled by the U.S. government, is being used to track, monitor, torture and kill people all over the world.  The satellite operators establish an invisible microwave connection with peoples’ brains, providing constant tracking and silent surveillance.  They can hear what we hear, see what we see and even read our thoughts - total surveillance of anyone, anywhere in the world.  This technology is infinitely more frightening and Orwellian than NSA data collection.  Unfortunately, illegal surveillance is not the most serious issue.  This technology can also be used as a remote, untraceable torture instrument and lethal weapon.  By interacting with the brain, the operators can transmit inexplica