Skip to main content

Your face shouldn't matter in class, but your mind should. it never mattered in high school. there were a few boys who just talked to me, never asked me out. who wanted to talk to me

But Darrin wanted to.  I told him I was in love with Mike La Course.   funny, a few years later, when we were in college, a few of us from high school got together, no idea where, in a bar in the middle of nowhere, but relatively close to DeWitt, and him and me talked and smoked outside a long time, then we were all leaving, and him and me made out in the back seat, tried to go all the way, but really couldn't in the car.  so rude of us.  Holly was driving, someone else was in the passenger seat, and it was even my car, since I was too drunk to drive.

saw Darrin again when he owned a coffee shop in Iowa City, went in there after not going back to Country Kitchen after the manager told me my black pants weren't long enough, go home and change, pretty sure I didn't have another pair, and thought it was bullshit anyway.  don't know what he was thinking, that place was always packed.  When I was in Darrin's coffee shop, he was happy to see me, but there was a young woman in there who was eyeing me, questioning me.  I think she was in love with him.  I didn't want to get in the way, so I never went back.

Comments

  1. because of Mike La Course, I went to high school prom by myself. it was Catholic, Sheri, all or none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, people don't see what I see in Phil. I think he's so cute. and I tell him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda knew right when I saw him picking him up that first night, that he a keeper. The next morning, he was doing my dishes. that would never happen with another guy, there was nothing standoffish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. made it easy the next day to sit down with him, and tell him I have schizophrenia, knew he wouldn't run away, and he didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. but you wrote in somebody, years later, Choan Lane. never happened. many people saw that as a huge lie, Sheri. ha. probably.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

T.I. John Finch wanted me to send this out to you, he's an incredible activist, and this reading is real good for insomnia, please save it to your files, if you can

john Finch   < noorwelliannaziism@gmail.com > 7:58 PM (55 minutes ago) to bcc:  me EMERGENCY – SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY BEING USED TO TRACK, MONITOR, TORTURE & KILL satellitetorture@gmail.com Satellite technology, presumably developed and controlled by the U.S. government, is being used to track, monitor, torture and kill people all over the world.  The satellite operators establish an invisible microwave connection with peoples’ brains, providing constant tracking and silent surveillance.  They can hear what we hear, see what we see and even read our thoughts - total surveillance of anyone, anywhere in the world.  This technology is infinitely more frightening and Orwellian than NSA data collection.  Unfortunately, illegal surveillance is not the most serious issue.  This technology can also be used as a remote, untraceable torture instrument and lethal weapon.  By interacting with the brain, the operators can transmit inexplica