Skip to main content

David, thank you. I'm thanking Joni today too.

News from Iowa Congressman David Young
HomeAbout MeMedia CenterServicesContact

Friends,
One of the highest honors of my life is to serve the people, families, friends and neighbors of Iowa in the U.S. House of Representatives. Each and every day, whether I am in Washington D.C. or any of our three Iowa offices, I am reminded who I work for - the people of Iowa’s Third Congressional District.
In fact, the first thing folks see when visiting any of our four constituent service offices is a sign near each front door which reads: “This office belongs to the people of Iowa’s 3rd District. Welcome!
This sign, along with the hundreds of meetings I have with thousands of Iowans a year, reminds me of the most vital responsibility I have as your U.S. Representative - to serve as a resource for my bosses.
I think it’s safe to say that working with the government is not always the easiest thing to do. As I travel across the district, I often hear from Iowans about how frustrated they are trying to navigate the inner workings of the federal bureaucracy to get the answers they need.
My office and I are here to help as you interact with the federal government and work on your behalf by helping you to cut through troublesome red tape.
Whether it is assisting constituents with issues such as Social Security, Medicare, veterans’ benefits, passport assistance, or booking a tour of the Capitol while on a family or school trip to Washington D.C., my staff is ready and able to help.
We’ve been able to help Iowa families navigate the adoption process, tracked down service medals earned by Iowa veterans, and even helped get tax refunds from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Staff members are located across the Third Congressional District, at our offices in Creston, Council Bluffs, and Des Moines, as well as at the office in Washington, D.C. If you are in need of assistance, I encourage you to reach out through my website (https://young.house.gov), contact us by mail or phone, or even drop by and say hello!
In addition to assistance with a federal agency, there are a number of other ways in which my office may be helpful. We serve as a resource for Iowans planning to visit our nation’s capital, and can help reserve tours of the White House and other local attractions. Iowans hoping to purchase American flags flown over the U.S. Capitol to commemorate milestones such as birthdays or anniversaries can do so through my office as well.
Read the full article by clicking here.
Iowa Updates 
Ankeny Centennial High School AP Government Class
I got to know Sofie Dollison through her work advocating with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation(JDRF). She invited me to come to her AP Government Class to discuss my work in Congress and what a day is like in Washington D.C. I am very proud of the work she and others are doing to to advance the mission of JDRF.
Guthrie County First Responders Appreciation Dinner
I was honored to speak at the Guthrie County First Responders Appreciation dinner last week, while I was there I thanked them for their service to our communities. I also let them know that through my role on the Appropriations Committee, I requested continued funding for grants that have helped firefighters and first responders buy the equipment they need to keep our communities safe. 
CITIZENS CLIMATE LOBBY
I had the chance to talk with folks from the Iowa Citizens Climate Lobby about climate solutions and how Congress is working to make sure we are all being good stewards of the resources around us. 
World Food Prize Youth Institute 
I had a great time talking with students from around the world at the World Food Prize Youth Institute about food security and how I am working in Congress to make sure our food supply is safe. The students present their ideas and findings to Nobel and World Food Prize Laureates and discussed pressing food security and agricultural issues with international experts. 
Take Back Bridgewater Meeting
I had the opportunity to meet and discuss the growing drug use and criminal activity in towns across Iowa with the Take Back Bridgewater group. This group was formed to work in partnership with citizens to address criminal activity and improve the quality of life in and around Bridgewater and I am happy to stand with them and work in Congress to help any way I can.
One More Thing...
As founder of the Bipartisan Task Force to Combat Identity Theft and Fraud, I launched the Task Force’s official website to provide you and your family with fraud prevention resources, information about current scams and fraudulent practices, and updates about the task force’s efforts.
Everyone is at risk of falling victim to scams and fraudulent practices, but I’m hopeful this website will empower folks with helpful information and updates to stay safe and protected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T.I. John Finch wanted me to send this out to you, he's an incredible activist, and this reading is real good for insomnia, please save it to your files, if you can

john Finch   < noorwelliannaziism@gmail.com > 7:58 PM (55 minutes ago) to bcc:  me EMERGENCY – SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY BEING USED TO TRACK, MONITOR, TORTURE & KILL satellitetorture@gmail.com Satellite technology, presumably developed and controlled by the U.S. government, is being used to track, monitor, torture and kill people all over the world.  The satellite operators establish an invisible microwave connection with peoples’ brains, providing constant tracking and silent surveillance.  They can hear what we hear, see what we see and even read our thoughts - total surveillance of anyone, anywhere in the world.  This technology is infinitely more frightening and Orwellian than NSA data collection.  Unfortunately, illegal surveillance is not the most serious issue.  This technology can also be used as a remote, untraceable torture instrument and lethal weapon.  By interacting with the brain, the operators can transmit inexplica