Skip to main content

it's getting a little too depressing (new sketch)

new sketch (by sheri)



the man at the phone company

walked through so many yellow pages of days

just to see who'd be there to sell their soul

and he called up the banker and the lawyer and the florist

but all they gave him was a rain check

he thought, Well, maybe I can get my feet wet now

Lucy was a woman he could plant kisses with

and get baked and drive the moon over steep rooves

he told her he had her number everyone did

she was highlighted in everyone's line of work

I'll make you a deal, she told him,

if you can bring me work, I'll take a page out of your book

so he did what he could delivering year after year

but she told him one day, the dessert is too rich

and the coffee is too strong, and they say

the smokes and the beer are imported

so he stripped more than his clothes but

the vanish from the wood, but she said,

it's too rough and buckled and won't burn

anything but a hole in my pocket

so he told her, I'll tell ya what,

I'll make these into walking sticks

and I'll get ya a job at the phone company

she called it a deal, he called it a bargain,

and that's when they said it was business time




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T.I. John Finch wanted me to send this out to you, he's an incredible activist, and this reading is real good for insomnia, please save it to your files, if you can

john Finch   < noorwelliannaziism@gmail.com > 7:58 PM (55 minutes ago) to bcc:  me EMERGENCY – SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY BEING USED TO TRACK, MONITOR, TORTURE & KILL satellitetorture@gmail.com Satellite technology, presumably developed and controlled by the U.S. government, is being used to track, monitor, torture and kill people all over the world.  The satellite operators establish an invisible microwave connection with peoples’ brains, providing constant tracking and silent surveillance.  They can hear what we hear, see what we see and even read our thoughts - total surveillance of anyone, anywhere in the world.  This technology is infinitely more frightening and Orwellian than NSA data collection.  Unfortunately, illegal surveillance is not the most serious issue.  This technology can also be used as a remote, untraceable torture instrument and lethal weapon.  By interacting with the brain, the operators can transmit inexplica