Skip to main content

I was chosen by my rhetoric class freshman year to go head to head in a debate with another guy in the class.

 ZombieMombie calls that 'fighting'

I call that having a different opinion, and expressing it.

also, I remember discussing the difference

between 'affect' and 'effect' and this woman

said her teacher said When in doubt, use 'effect.'

what kind of teacher is that?  I didn't say that,

but she went on to imply or said something about ignorance.

I just laughed, and dropped it.  She didn't even get a slap

on the wrist.

why would they want to create a place

where everyone agrees.  it's not even possible.

however, one guy did tell another guy that his

was a stupid post, again, not even a slap on the wrist.

now if I had said that, and I haven't, I would have

gotten a 2 month suspension.

starts to seem like it's the whole world.

Comments

  1. it could be said, in today's world, opinions
    are something we Used to have, or do.
    but I haven't picked up a newspaper in awhile,
    and online you have to pay for the opinion section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first A in college. in many ways, I'm the same person as I was at 18.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm more rational today

 just a combination of many things, social media, no free speech, after all the time I've spent, Phil's diagnosis, my fight for justice inching on 30 years of fighting, and seeing no light at the end of tunnel, thinking I'm doing it all myself, and can't get a simple reply of encouragement. plus I do everything to access, and getting burnt out so often, they made fun of me about that too, when so many people are like me.  you think you got me figured out, think again! I've decided to stay on my blog, and keep Messenger, and the internet, but no social media posts anymore, but I haven't deleted any account.