Skip to main content

Saxophone (in the musical instrument series of poems)

Saxophone by Sheri


Hanging low fingers do universal sign of peace

standing with a sound of black eraser over white noise

it's Charlie Brown's teacher giving us notes of encouragement

make it hum in tune with whatever brass knuckles they bring

up and down the punch to the gut a hard ache identified

a deep opening when the body is carried through on strong knees

rolling the night up with zipping lips this muffle of clouds

and holding out for the power of trains opening over the land

like thunder we use to play it like a God play it like a wash

of waves and sharpened tools gone smooth as body drop in silk








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm more rational today

 just a combination of many things, social media, no free speech, after all the time I've spent, Phil's diagnosis, my fight for justice inching on 30 years of fighting, and seeing no light at the end of tunnel, thinking I'm doing it all myself, and can't get a simple reply of encouragement. plus I do everything to access, and getting burnt out so often, they made fun of me about that too, when so many people are like me.  you think you got me figured out, think again! I've decided to stay on my blog, and keep Messenger, and the internet, but no social media posts anymore, but I haven't deleted any account.