Skip to main content

Sheri's Fund Raiser Page for CF (a creative essay)

Sheri's Fund Raiser Page for CF

by Sheri Grutz

Welcome to my fun, interactive page where all money donated goes directly into research for the cystic fibrosis foundation! I'm asking you to give one word, it can be any word, your favorite word, or just one you think is important, and give it a monetary value. Tell me why you have chosen that word, and why you think it is worth that donated amount. When the fund raiser closes, I will use all words in a complete sentence in order for the money to be processed. I will start us off.

$50: Circumference. Sheri G.
I've chosen this word because all things soon become circular,
and I've given it this amount because it deals with a shape of things.

$75: Intuition. Judy F.
The word gives a lot of meaning to what a lasting instinct can be,
and it's worth this amount since it is a rare gift.

$25: Longevity. Tara D.
This is a great word for this fund raiser, when we want this for all CF'ers,
and it's placed as a common amount that most people take for granted.

$100: Replacement. Karol G.
This word could have something to do with therapy,
and it's value is immeasurable as far as reaching whatever cure you hope for.

$50: Weird. Jason K.
We use this word often when we don't understand something,
and I attributed the dollar amount to 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover,
if you were thinking of a stripper with all her dollar bills.

$30: Angels. Monica R.
My word is meant for all those looking out for us,
and the donated amount is for the years we reach and exceed.

$60: Reaction. David F.
This word can be thoughtful, or knee-jerk, and I like how it is unpredictable,
and the amount is for the year I was born.

$25: Plateau. Marc. W.
I like this word because it is a part of nature, and nurture,
and it's not used very much, but I gave 25 because it's a flip of the coin.

$50: Northern. Phil M.
I've chosen this word because that's where I am right now,
and the dollar amount is for the miles straight north.

$100: Beautiful. Kerry S.
This is a great word to describe every CF'er who fights an ugly disease,
and it's worth so much, and so important to all of us, that's why I've given that amount.

The Fund Raiser is now closed, and now comes the fun part, my sentence with all your donated words. If you feel it's worth another shot of a 5 spot or a 10, you can tack that on at the end. Thank you everyone for contributing! We raised $465! Here's my sentence:

Up in the Beautiful, Northern, Plateau, the Circumference is a Replacement for the angle we take toward Longevity, with a Weird Reaction of hippie Angels, I draw up in my Intuition.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T.I. John Finch wanted me to send this out to you, he's an incredible activist, and this reading is real good for insomnia, please save it to your files, if you can

john Finch   < noorwelliannaziism@gmail.com > 7:58 PM (55 minutes ago) to bcc:  me EMERGENCY – SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY BEING USED TO TRACK, MONITOR, TORTURE & KILL satellitetorture@gmail.com Satellite technology, presumably developed and controlled by the U.S. government, is being used to track, monitor, torture and kill people all over the world.  The satellite operators establish an invisible microwave connection with peoples’ brains, providing constant tracking and silent surveillance.  They can hear what we hear, see what we see and even read our thoughts - total surveillance of anyone, anywhere in the world.  This technology is infinitely more frightening and Orwellian than NSA data collection.  Unfortunately, illegal surveillance is not the most serious issue.  This technology can also be used as a remote, untraceable torture instrument and lethal weapon.  By interacting with the brain, the operators can transmit inexplica