Skip to main content

it took me awhile, but here it is: Blushing, a brief poem by Sheri


Blushing

by s.m.g.

You put me on the hot spot til my face turned red,

shamed into being wrong with all the lights on

still stumbling over how to react so my face did it,

maybe it's a natural burning from your turning

the table but there is no anger to it, or swallowing

of a planet, or bleeding of a vegetable, when you

made me feel that way or taken by surprise it

was when I finally knew what place I was in

and what heat was matched there through my cheeks.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm more rational today

 just a combination of many things, social media, no free speech, after all the time I've spent, Phil's diagnosis, my fight for justice inching on 30 years of fighting, and seeing no light at the end of tunnel, thinking I'm doing it all myself, and can't get a simple reply of encouragement. plus I do everything to access, and getting burnt out so often, they made fun of me about that too, when so many people are like me.  you think you got me figured out, think again! I've decided to stay on my blog, and keep Messenger, and the internet, but no social media posts anymore, but I haven't deleted any account.