Skip to main content

Got this brief medical review off 'Life in the fast lane' search on FB

Author: Dr Greg Brogan – Peer Reviewer: A/Prof Chris Nickson

OVERVIEW

COVID-19 lung imaging is generally indicated in any COVID-19 patient with worsening respiratory status
  • commonly manifests as ground glass opacities (CT chest), distributed bilaterally in bases and peripheries 
  • evolves rapidly and lung involvement is associated with severity; findings progress over 1-3 weeks, typically peaking at 10-14 days
  • findings may be present in asymptomatic individuals or pre-symptomatic individuals and may be absent early in the course of disease
In general, the lung imaging findings of COVID-19 patients are consistent with other viral pneumonias – there is no proven specific finding for COVID-19, though there may be suggestive patterns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm more rational today

 just a combination of many things, social media, no free speech, after all the time I've spent, Phil's diagnosis, my fight for justice inching on 30 years of fighting, and seeing no light at the end of tunnel, thinking I'm doing it all myself, and can't get a simple reply of encouragement. plus I do everything to access, and getting burnt out so often, they made fun of me about that too, when so many people are like me.  you think you got me figured out, think again! I've decided to stay on my blog, and keep Messenger, and the internet, but no social media posts anymore, but I haven't deleted any account.