Skip to main content

from Live 2


The end of love



There are dark nights in the town
that run out of exits, running out of patience,
especially with nothing on the shelves
but books, when we couldn’t grow


anything but cold. Something grows tired
on vines and low trees and it always
looks like bruises, wondering if I’m
still good. You and I had a few


choice words, a few delectable moments,
what I did my rain dance to, “Good Life” by
Inner City, and really stomping out grapes,
really loosening the soil. I wasn’t made


for gardens. I wasn’t made to wash my breasts
like tomatoes. There is the good dirt that
came from blood and knew my name was
in a bucket like an abundance of words would


feed someone all season. Where were you?
I danced until the time ran out and we saw
the body cutting itself on the teeth of wild
nights. There in the dark, you were those


seeds we fed the birds from shadows that
ruined what we grew, the birds taking off
like last minute dreams, you were keeping
something alive around me.
s.grutz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T.I. John Finch wanted me to send this out to you, he's an incredible activist, and this reading is real good for insomnia, please save it to your files, if you can

john Finch   < noorwelliannaziism@gmail.com > 7:58 PM (55 minutes ago) to bcc:  me EMERGENCY – SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY BEING USED TO TRACK, MONITOR, TORTURE & KILL satellitetorture@gmail.com Satellite technology, presumably developed and controlled by the U.S. government, is being used to track, monitor, torture and kill people all over the world.  The satellite operators establish an invisible microwave connection with peoples’ brains, providing constant tracking and silent surveillance.  They can hear what we hear, see what we see and even read our thoughts - total surveillance of anyone, anywhere in the world.  This technology is infinitely more frightening and Orwellian than NSA data collection.  Unfortunately, illegal surveillance is not the most serious issue.  This technology can also be used as a remote, untraceable torture instrument and lethal weapon.  By interacting with the brain, the operators can transmit inexplica