Skip to main content

Guts (a poem just now. read when ready)

Guts


I went to get my bearings, hang-ups risen by degrees

and the polished sky perfectfully breakable as fine china,

releasing a deep knawing of being, undelivered again,

and getting out, really getting it all out, without delay.

Everyone could no longer handle a trying at open spaces,

demanding a curb to excessives, a sign to obey, and a 

mind to stop thinking, stop ticking, stop charming.

I'll slip.  Falling is easy when you've stood too long

for something, throwing shadows and dead limbs.

I take it double with a condition.  Triple with a heart.

Alright, that's all I have to say.  I've always been loud.


s.grutz

 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm more rational today

 just a combination of many things, social media, no free speech, after all the time I've spent, Phil's diagnosis, my fight for justice inching on 30 years of fighting, and seeing no light at the end of tunnel, thinking I'm doing it all myself, and can't get a simple reply of encouragement. plus I do everything to access, and getting burnt out so often, they made fun of me about that too, when so many people are like me.  you think you got me figured out, think again! I've decided to stay on my blog, and keep Messenger, and the internet, but no social media posts anymore, but I haven't deleted any account.