Skip to main content

Drain the Pain (a brief sketch)

Drain the Pain

by Sheri Grutz

Stage is set with two young men and one one woman, sitting in hospital chairs spead out from each other, but within talking distance. There are a few end tables with several devices. The female doctor is wearing blue, and addressing the 3 of them.


DOCTOR
Ohhh kkkk, each of you has been assigned a therapist, annndd, that therapist has assigned you to meee, for this pain study. Is this correct?

MAN 1
Yes.

WOMAN
Yes.

MAN 2
I might have been assigned, but what do I have to sign, my life away?

Nahhh, you will achieve free life, hopefulllllly!

Is that anything like 'free love' because I don't want to take any drugs.

The only thing high we're looking for is a reeeadinnng. This right here is called a reverse polar la vora,
and it will show how many amps are in your heads, then store it. Who wants to go first?

Am I going to get shocked?

Ohhh you'll be shocked. I'm hoping to take all your paaaiinnn away.

I'll try it.

Okkkkay, now let me just turn this on, when not in use, it acts also as a cribbage board.

I'm starting to get you pegged.

Nahhh, it's not often we find so many with so much pain, but this device beats me every time.

I'm not easily amused, just get on with it.

Right, right! Ohhhkkk, now this should stick right to the side of your head, this little plastic cord, let me see, whhhhyy, yes, it is attached. It must be the implant it's attached to. It might just take a moment, turn this button up, yessss, I'm getting a reading of 500, that's extremely high! Aaannnd, now I hit store. There. All done.

But I still have pain.

Yes, yes, well, we will see in a minute about that. I just want to show you something amazing about this device. Watch what I can do when it stored that energy. (she plugs it into the fan on the table, and it starts working automatically) You see there, we harnessed it, and reused it.

Is this supposed to be good news?

The body electric!

I think I see the light now.

Alright, nooowwww, you are next, right?

Sure.

(she does the same procedure to the woman in the study) This is showing me 750, that is sky high!

Sky's the limit, I guess.

I will just hit store again, and therrrree. Now let's try to see if I can get this radio to work. (she plugs it into the back of the small radio, and music starts playing instantly, on low) Whyyy, yesss, we seem to have a real breakthrough here, the two of you and your pain are running electrical appliances.

I'm not being saved, the only thing I'll save on is my energy bill.

But it's a start. You there are the last person for the study, ready?

Can we do this on my wife, running her mouth?

It's only for the head.

Alright, go ahead.

Will do. (she goes through the same procedure, but something is wrong) Something is wrong, the plastic cord will not attach to your head, do you think you don't have implants?

More like a box of rocks up there.

I can try to hold it in place and get a reading. There, now let me see. OKKK, well, yes, I'm getting 250, not as high as the others, but I think I can store it. (she pushes a button) Yessss! It's stored. Now let's experiment with this cell phone here. (she plugs it into the back) Hmm, nothing. Well, it does take awhile to charge. Yess, it says it's charging we'll just let that be.

I'm going to try something else now. Each of you will take home the reverse polar la vora, but right now, I'll hook the three of you up toooo seeee if weeee can drain all that pain out. How does it sound?

How long would that take?

About 10 minutes.

That's a quickie.

Let me just see here, yes, they are connecting again, except for you, you will have to hold the cord to your head. Now just relax. I'm stepping out for a minute, and will be right back to see how you are feeling. (she walks off of stage right)

Should have known we'd be dealing with tech.

I've got to drain more than my pain right now.

This could be revoluntionary if it works.

This private war is hell.

(long pause, the 3 of them look quickly back and forth at each other eying each other, squinting their eyes, then slowly, they start to raise their eye brows, and breathe ooooo sounds) (enter the doctor)

You may be onto something here, doc, my pain has receded!

Ohhh, my goodness gracious, that is wonderful! Let me just get your reading and storage. Yep. And now you are ready to use that energy in your storage. No cost. Have a nice day.

(he gets up, say, Ha! Smiles and sways while walking off stage)

And you, how is your pain levels?

I cannot believe it, my pain is gone too!

Excellent, yep, you will plenty of storage too. Glad I could helllppp!

(she gets up and shakes her head little, takes her device and walks off stage)

You are the last one, and how your pain levels?

It's no good. I'm still getting pain.

Ohhhh, nooooo. Let me take a look. It's saying medical condition. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you might have cancer or fibromyalsia.

Really? Oh that's terrible.

I'm writing a referral for you right now. I want you to see Dr. Bauer. He will take care of you.

Can I still keep the reverse polar la vora?

Yes, yes! It is yours forever. Good luck.

(the young man has a hard time standing, puts hand to his head, and says, Next you have to help with emotional pain)

Yoooou got it!

(he walks off stage, doctor takes the cell phone, and sits down, checking it. Lights out. The end.)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T.I. John Finch wanted me to send this out to you, he's an incredible activist, and this reading is real good for insomnia, please save it to your files, if you can

john Finch   < noorwelliannaziism@gmail.com > 7:58 PM (55 minutes ago) to bcc:  me EMERGENCY – SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY BEING USED TO TRACK, MONITOR, TORTURE & KILL satellitetorture@gmail.com Satellite technology, presumably developed and controlled by the U.S. government, is being used to track, monitor, torture and kill people all over the world.  The satellite operators establish an invisible microwave connection with peoples’ brains, providing constant tracking and silent surveillance.  They can hear what we hear, see what we see and even read our thoughts - total surveillance of anyone, anywhere in the world.  This technology is infinitely more frightening and Orwellian than NSA data collection.  Unfortunately, illegal surveillance is not the most serious issue.  This technology can also be used as a remote, untraceable torture instrument and lethal weapon.  By interacting with the brain, the operators can transmit inexplica