Skip to main content

this one tries to be funny, but it's just sad.....The Yes Man

The Yes Man

by Sheri Grutz

The Yes Man (a brief sketch)

Stage is set with a long metal table, and one good sized young man is sitting at the end of the table. Lights up and Enter an older man in professional attire who sits down at the opposite end of the table.
He sets down a football helmet and a large remote control device.

What do your friends call you?

Ditto.

Alright, Ditto, do you know why you're here?

No, I don't.

All you have to do is answer some questions.

I only answer to my Bunny.

My friends call me Dawg, will that do?

Hmmm, I suppose.

I've heard that you play football, so I'd like to start by having you put this on.

You're not wearing one too?

I'm already pretty hard headed, and besides I don't play games.
(he puts on the helmet) Alright, so you think in this sport that
when you go around stealing the ball all the time, it means you
can steal magazines from the library?

Don't know what you're talking about.

Did You Steal Magazines From The Library?

No!

(he points the remote control device at his head, and pushes a button in dramatic fashion)

Okay! Okay. Yes. That's some nasty head pain right there.

(he sets down the remote control device) (young man visibly becomes better)

We know for a fact that you have stolen books from the library.

Don't know what you're talking about.

Did You Steal Books From The Library?

No!(he points the device at his head, and pushes a different button) Oww, my pecker just got big.

Answer the question.

Alright, Yes. Yes, I have.

There really is no paper trail, but we know that you have made copies at the library, and not paid for them. You've basically stolen all over again, is this right?

Don't know what you're talking about.

(he points the device at his head, and pushes a different button in dramatic fashion)

Alright, stop! Yes. Yes, I have. There's ringing in my ears.

(he sets the device down)(young man visibly becomes better)

And the final question is, we know you have stolen copyrighted material from the library, and copied it for your own use, this is correct, no?

Don't know what you're talking about.

(he points the remote control at his head, and pushes a different button)

Whoah. I think I'm going to throw up, so much nausea. Alright, stop! Yes. The answer is Yes. I have.

(he sets down the device) (young man visibly becomes better)

So, we learned a lot today. You went from not knowing a thing, to being a total Yes Man.

There's a trap in that little contraption you've got there.

Libraries across the country are cracking down.

So what's my sentence?

This is only the beginning, but we can let you go with a surveillance bracelet on your wrist. You must wear it at all times, even in the shower. Kami will fit you with one in HR. Welcome to the program.

The program? Don't you mean the pomp-I-am?

Well, you're now officially on our list. This was just a trial run. From now on, you won't be needing a helmet to turn into a Yes Man.

Will I be screaming it in bed?

Yes.

Will I be asked if I'm in the program?

Yes.

Will I say to Bunny if she asks me?

Yes.

Yes! That's the answer! I admit though, it wasn't easy.

Admitting to crimes is never easy.

I guess I'll be going now.

You won't get far.

Except all the way down the field, right?

Yes.

Yes!

Yes.

Young man gets up, takes the helmet off and walks off stage with squinting eyes. Older man velcros the remote control to one of his belt loops, hanging there like a gun, and then he walks off stage
looking tired.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T.I. John Finch wanted me to send this out to you, he's an incredible activist, and this reading is real good for insomnia, please save it to your files, if you can

john Finch   < noorwelliannaziism@gmail.com > 7:58 PM (55 minutes ago) to bcc:  me EMERGENCY – SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY BEING USED TO TRACK, MONITOR, TORTURE & KILL satellitetorture@gmail.com Satellite technology, presumably developed and controlled by the U.S. government, is being used to track, monitor, torture and kill people all over the world.  The satellite operators establish an invisible microwave connection with peoples’ brains, providing constant tracking and silent surveillance.  They can hear what we hear, see what we see and even read our thoughts - total surveillance of anyone, anywhere in the world.  This technology is infinitely more frightening and Orwellian than NSA data collection.  Unfortunately, illegal surveillance is not the most serious issue.  This technology can also be used as a remote, untraceable torture instrument and lethal weapon.  By interacting with the brain, the operators can transmit inexplica